Terms & Conditions
Our Duty of Care and Passenger Code of Conduct
As alcohol is involved we have a legal duty of care to take reasonable steps to ensure the safety of all passengers, as well as our winery partners and of course our guides. Please know:
- Our bus is not licensed to drink alcohol onboard
- We follow strict duty of care protocols that may result in a person’s tour being stopped and removal of the offending passenger in the event of intoxication or disrespectful behavior.
- All passengers must read and sign our duty of care agreement prior to embarkation of their tour. You can view the agreement here.
- You need to include food and water in your planning
Itinerary & Timeliness
As we follow such a tight timetable, it is imperative that passengers are ready and waiting for the bus prior to the stated departure time, just like you would when catching a public metro bus. We recommend being at the pick up location 5 minutes before the stated departure time.
Trail Hopper Pty Ltd will make all efforts to adhere to the stated timetable, however Trail Hopper Pty Ltd reserves the right to amend prices or itinerary, (i.e. alter travel routes or itinerary) due to road, weather or traffic conditions; or if required by the size, behaviour or other condition of the group(s). Please allow additional travel time during peak periods and events.
Please be aware that while we would like to cater for your every need, we can only let visitors embark and disembark at the pre-determined stops along the circuit.
Standard CBD departure is from the Stamford Plaza Hotel (150 North Terrace). Collection from within each region is at the Visitor Information Centre – bookings essential.
Large Groups (7+)
- For groups of 7, before you book it is essential you read our Large Groups page, and then contact our friendly office staff to discuss your requirements – Ph 8271 4485.
To get the most out of your day, we recommend you plan your day in advance. Trail Hopper Pty Ltd provides detailed information about the venues on the tours, including the timetable to be followed on the day.
Please do not forget to bring water, hat, sunscreen, comfortable walking shoes and clothing, rain jacket, insect repellent and camera.
Our preference is that all bookings are made and paid for via our website before travel.
For your convenience tickets can be purchased at late notice via credit card over the phone to our office +618 8271 4485 (subject to seating availability).
- For any cancellations 48 hours’ prior a full credit/transfer will be given for another preferred tour date.
- Regrettably, no refunds or discounts given for non-attendees or change of mind – transfer to another day may be accepted with prior approval by management if notice given.
- Minimum bookings are required to operate. Trail Hopper Pty Ltd reserves the right to change, cancel or re-allocate tickets to subsequent tours. Maximum possible notice will be given in this instance however it may be less than 24 hours.
Hens and Bucks Tours
Regrettably, Trail Hopper Pty Ltd does not accept bookings for Hens and Bucks tours. This is in line with the policies of most wineries.
Befouling / Cleaning / Damages
A befouling fee of $100 will apply to passengers who are physically ill onboard.
Passengers are requested to remove any rubbish from the bus or place in bin supplied at the door.
A cleaning fee will apply if passengers spill drinks / food or leave rubbish behind for the driver to clean up. Please respect the condition of the bus for the next passengers.
Passengers are reminded that any unacceptable behaviour, i.e. verbal abuse or bodily harm, will be treated strictly in accordance of the law; damage fees will apply.
The driver reserves the right to terminate a tour, if any actions are deemed threatening or dangerous to the driver or other passengers. The driver is authorised to have an unruly passenger who is threatening or placing the driver or passengers in a dangerous situation removed. The matter may be reported to the Police or relevant authority if deemed necessary by the driver or management.
The befouling fee is generally $100, but may increase if the vehicle is likely to be out of commission for a considerable time. Similarly Trail Hopper Pty Ltd may contact you to recover any cost for commercial cleaning or repairs where damage to a vehicle is caused by you or one of your guests.
No smoking is permitted on any of our buses. It is against the law in South Australia to smoke in Public Transport Vehicles.
Some cellar doors may charge a tasting fee, usually waived upon purchase of wine. We will endeavour to communicate these to you in advance.
Unfortunately we are unable to cater for immobility passengers.
All our 13 seat or larger buses are deemed as public transport vehicles and therefore child seats are not required.
Injury & Lost Property
Trail Hopper Pty Ltd accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to personal belongings or luggage or for any injury or loss of any type whilst on tour (please read section ‘Lost Property Procedure’ below for more information).
Trail Hopper Pty Ltd recommend that all passengers have personal travel insurance to cover loss or damage to property, illness, injury or not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure.
Lost Property Procedure
If you have lost items on the bus, please contact our operators immediately. In order for us to find your item we need accurate information – if possible please provide the following details:
- The booking number
- The bus type, or driver’s name
- Date and region of tour
- Addresses of pick up and venues visited
- Description of the lost item
- Best contact number or email
The more information we have the easier it is for us to find your lost item. Our drivers bring in items they find on the bus whenever they head to the depot – which can be a few days after your transfer.