Large Group Bookings (not private bookings)
If you’re planning a winery tour in SA for 7+ people, you’ve come to the right place! Our service provides a fun and cost effective option for groups of this size, and on this page we aim to give you all of the info you need to prepare and plan your day.
First of all, please know we do not offer private tours, but we are able to accommodate large groups on our existing hop on, hop off format. And while we absolutely welcome larger group sizes (7+ guests), the experience is a little different than for our smaller trail hopping groups and requires a bit more planning. This is due to the fact that large groups aren’t able to hop off at wineries without prior bookings with them.
Our buses are not licensed, and we have in place very clear policies about the duty of care actions that your guide must legally take on your tour, in various types of situations such as intoxication or misconduct to prevent possible injury. This policy is in the form of an agreement that must be read and signed by everybody onboard before your tour starts. Check out the Duty of Care agreement as well as all of our Golden Rules here.
So here’s how large groups tour with TrailHopper:
- The tour format for large groups (7+people) consists of a maximum of 3 stops = 2 x group winery tastings (1 hour each), followed by a long leisurely lunch (2 hours). We can recommend restaurants in each of the regions that are happy to take large groups.
- Bookings must be made with each of the wineries you wish to visit. Phone numbers for all the wineries and venues we visit are listed on our ‘Destinations’ pages (McLaren Vale North Destinations, McLaren Vale South Destinations, Barossa Valley Destinations, or Hahndorf & Hills Destinations Pages).
- Our buses follow a set timetable (which you can see and download on each tour page), so all pick ups and departures times must adhere to the timetable for that region.
- Please know all wineries charge group tasting fees (between $5 – $30pp), so be sure to inquire about this when you call them. Some require payment up front at the time of booking, some of them you can pay on the day. This is industry standard.
- Once you have booked in at your selected wineries, it’s essential that you provide your itinerary to our office staff so they can confirm it is all do-able.
- For groups of 15+, you may find it’s actually more cost effective, and you get more control over your day, for you to book a whole bus with one of the various minibus hire providers out there.
That’s it! We hope you’ve found this information useful and if you have any further queries please get in touch via phone (+614 2231 9123) or email (email@example.com).