Large Group Bookings
If you’re planning a winery tour in SA for 7+ people, you’ve come to the right place! Our service provides a fun and cost effective option for groups of this size, and on this page we aim to give you all of the info you need to prepare and plan your day.
First of all, please know that while we absolutely welcome larger group sizes (7+ guests), the experience is different than for smaller trail hopping groups and requires a bit more planning, due to the fact that large groups aren’t able to hop off at wineries without prior bookings with them.
Please also know: Our buses are not licensed, and we abide by Responsible Service of Alcohol protocols which means we do not take intoxicated passengers to further licensed venues. Check out all of our Golden Rules here.
So here’s how large groups tour with TrailHopper:
- For groups of 7+, all bookings must start with a phone call to our office – Ph 08 8271 4485. Our friendly staff will help to ensure you have everything in place to enjoy a stress free tour on the day.
- The tour format for large groups consists of a maximum of 3 stops = 2 x group winery tastings (1 hour each), followed by a long leisurely lunch (2 hours). We can recommend restaurants in each of the regions that are happy to take large groups.
- Bookings must be made with each of the wineries you wish to visit. Phone numbers for all the wineries and venues we visit are listed on our ‘Destinations’ pages (McLaren Vale, Adelaide Hills, and Barossa).
- Our buses follow a set timetable (which you can see and download on each region’s tour page), so all pick ups and departures times must adhere to the timetable for that region.
- Please know all wineries charge group tasting fees (between $5 – $10pp), so be sure to inquire about this when you call them. Some require payment up front at the time of booking, some of them you can pay on the day. This is industry standard.
- Once you have booked in at your selected wineries, it’s essential that you provide your itinerary to our office staff so they can confirm it is all do-able.
- For groups of 15+, you may find it’s actually more cost effective, and you get more control over your day, for you to book a whole bus with one of the various minibus hire providers out there.
That’s it! We hope you’ve found this information useful and if you have any further queries please get in touch via phone (08 8271 4485) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).