Our ‘Golden Rules’ for a Great Hop On, Hop Off Tour
In anticipation of your upcoming tour we need to emphasize our ‘Golden Rules’ to help you get the most out of your day. Please read these carefully and if you’re organising on behalf of a group, please share or convey to the others.
Golden Rule #1 – Alcohol Safety
Obviously our tours involve alcohol, and unfortunately a very small minority of passengers may have the wrong idea about what is appropriate behaviour on our winery tours! So here are the facts:
- This is not a ‘booze cruise’ (aka an opportunity to drink as much as possible). This is a leisurely day out among beautiful wine regions!
- Our bus is not licensed = drinking on the bus is illegal and will result in the removal of that passenger from the bus
- You need to include food in your planning – we urge you to have a big breakfast, plan for a nice long lunch, and stay hydrated (we have free water bottles on board).
- We abide by Responsible Service of Alcohol protocols, so if we deem any guests to be intoxicated, we will not be able to take them to any further licensed premises and in extreme cases we may opt to remove the passenger from the bus.
So please, if this is not what you expected when you purchased your tickets, or you’re pretty sure some of your group won’t be able to adhere, that’s OK – just contact us for a full refund, no questions asked.
Golden Rule #2 – Large Groups (7+ Guests) Must Contact Us By Phone to Book Their Tour
For all large groups of 7+ guests, before you book please ensure you have read our Large Groups page so you understand how it works on TrailHopper, and then please call the office on 08 8271 4485 so we can discuss your requirements and help you plan your day. As there is a bit more planning involved with large groups, we know you’ll appreciate the help our friendly staff provide.
Golden Rule #3 – How to Read Your Timetable
Our timetables work beautifully, but they can be a bit tricky. Here’s what you need to know:
- Our system allows for a maximum potential for 4 x 1 hour stops, of your choice. If you have a long lunch at a winery (ie you take 2 hours), then you’ll have 3 stops in total.
- To maximise your number of stops, you should visit venues in the same order as the timetable (ie go top-down, not bottom-up).
- The last column of times are the final pick up times for those venues.
- Here are the latest timetables for: Barossa Valley; McLaren Vale; and Hahndorf & Hills
Golden Rule #4 – Booking Winery Lunches the TrailHopper Way
For those who planning a winery lunch, here’s our advice:
- Bookings are essential, with the more notice the better.
- Take your time and enjoy it! Give yourselves a double-stop (ie 2 hours) to fully appreciate it.
- If you can only spare the 1 hour stop, when booking be sure to tell them you’re with TrailHopper, the exact time you’re arriving, and how long you have.
- Re-iterate all of the above to your waitperson upon arrival. Get your order in asap, then go and do some wine tasting!
That’s it! We truly hope this information helps make your day a memorable one, and we can’t wait to have you aboard.
PS – For a full list of our T&Cs please click here.